The Small Arms Training Academy (SATA) at Fort McCoy is conducting a Proof of Principle class for small arms training coursework on 16 to 29 June. The class still has slots available and any Army Reserve unit with one or two Soldiers that would fit the role of a small arms trainer has time to apply.
A Unit Weapons Subject Matter Expert is proficient in all current small arms, optics, and accessories and can conduct Preliminary Marksmanship Instruction and Evaluation on all weapons systems, has a thorough understanding of maintenance, can conduct training, ranges, and qualifications in accordance with the current, prescribed Training Circulars, and assists the Commander with developing a solid year-round training calendar.
“Gunnery is an on-demand skill, there is no time for practice in combat,” said Master Sgt. Howard W. Griffith. “In addition to being the Course Manager for SATA, I am the Task Force Cold Steel Standardization NCOIC. Our mission is to train Unit Subject Matter Experts on weapons and optics.”
For information, download the following files:
SATC Welcome Letter and Packing List
Contact the Task Force Cold Steel S3 at 608-388-4645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- There will no longer be any pistol shooting during ARSAC
- The Bivins Postal Match will be replaced by the EIC Postal Match
- Rifle EIC day and time remains the same.
- Action/Practical remains the same but will be rifle only.
- Pistol qualification will be replaced with a rifle Primary Qualification on ARF range.
- An additional speed shoot on the ARF range will replace the last day pistol match
- Individual overall will recognize high Precision (Service Conditions, Postal Match, Qual courses), high Action (all time-assessed Speed shoots) and High Overall. High individual Postal Match will also be recognized.
Submit a completed Registration Form to the Registration Officer
Send from your mail.mil email address as this form contains Personally Identifiable Information. Teams must be submitted together and listed on the same form.
You will need all of the following files:
The Event Program covers event specifics. The Rulebook and Course of Fire Book contains general rules that apply to all USAR Competitive events and Postal Matches. Distribute the
Registration Form: Submit the completed .xlsx spreadsheet file as is. Do not print or convert to PDF.
2019 USAR Smallarms Championship Event Flyer – PDF
2019 USAR Smallarms Championship Event Flyer – JPEG for use on social media
2019 USAR Smallarms Championship Event Program
USARCMP Course of Fire Book
These files can also be downloaded at the Team USAR.mil site
Rulebook and Course of Fire Book