Note how often that competition was suggested as a good approach to training.
US Army Training Film TF-24
Musketry & Combat Practice Firing
1935 US Army Training Film
The application and control of collective fire of rifle units (Rifle Squads & Rifle Sections) is called “Musketry.”
This film covers rifle firing skills.
– Reel 1 provides an introduction to methods of estimating range to target.
– Reel 2 shows how unit members communicated knowledge of the target in the field.
– Reel 3 instructs squad leaders on the construction and use of ranges for landscape target firing.
– Reel 4 details technical characteristics of rifle fire and its effects.
– Reel 5 demonstrates the application of rifle firing techniques in field exercises.
– Reel 6 features a schematic drawing of the effect of combat fire.