200th Military Police Command put together a video of the Midwest Small Arms Championship hosted by the US Army Reserve Competition Marksmanship Program (USARCMP)
Note how often that competition was suggested as a good approach to training.
US Army Training Film TF-24
Musketry & Combat Practice Firing
1935 US Army Training Film
The application and control of collective fire of rifle units (Rifle Squads & Rifle Sections) is called “Musketry.”
This film covers rifle firing skills.
– Reel 1 provides an introduction to methods of estimating range to target.
– Reel 2 shows how unit members communicated knowledge of the target in the field.
– Reel 3 instructs squad leaders on the construction and use of ranges for landscape target firing.
– Reel 4 details technical characteristics of rifle fire and its effects.
– Reel 5 demonstrates the application of rifle firing techniques in field exercises.
– Reel 6 features a schematic drawing of the effect of combat fire.
Johan Horn, a police officer and armourer with the South African Police Service discusses setting up R4, R5, and Galil rifles for Service Conditions competition.
SGM Strydom of the South African National Defence Force discusses marksmanship training and competition in South Africa.