U.S. Army Reserve Marksmanship Program Public Affairs contact
john.m.buol.mil -at- mail.mil
Download a checklist is a reminder of key details needed for news about marksmanship events in the Army Reserve:
You don’t need to submit an article or even complete sentences. Just include the bullet point details indicated on this form along with a picture and caption. I’ll take it from there.
Public Affairs Tips
- Public Affairs people need detailed information on our events. Keep in mind that most of the PAOs and the readers don’t have a clue of what goes on at our competitions or what useful marksmanship training entails. Be very specific.
- Let quotes tell the story. It keeps the reader interested.
- Digital pictures need to be high resolution. Cell phone pictures work fine, please use the highest resolution/image size setting that you can.
- Identify people by rank, first name, last name, and their assigned Major Command.
- Remember to answer the who, what, when, where, and how.
- Quotes, quotes, quotes. Cannot stress this enough. Make these articles about the Soldiers. Let them tell the story.